Fancy a gourmet break? Have a week-end in “Sancerre-Pouilly-Giennois” and discover charming vines landscapes, wines and typical gastronomy.
At 200 km from Paris, the touristic destination “Sancerre-Pouilly-Giennois” benefits from the French label “Vignobles & Découvertes”.
It makes the promotion of wine tourism since 2009. It’s attributed to each territory and lasts 3 years. Partners displaying the “Vignobles & Découvertes” label have to meet certain requirements: a high quality of reception in French or in a foreign language, special wine knowledge and a desire to share, tradition as well as openness to natural, cultural and human heritage. To know more about the label, click here.
Vineyards, restaurants bed & breakfast, hostels, activities… More than 130 partners benefits from the label Vignobles & Découvertes.
Today, we propose you to meet seven of them:
- Domaine de la Perrière: situated in Verdigny, a little village near Sancerre, the cellar was built in the rock. Have a wine tasting in this unique place and enjoy a free visit with stories and curiosities!
- For lunch, the Grand Chef Baptiste Fournier from the restaurant La Tour in Sancerre will cook for you an original and delicate menu. Truffles, escargots, Crottin de Chavignol… A delicious way to discover the region!
- After the meal, have a little walk at Le Parc et Château de Pesselières. Marvelous trees, labyrinth, tercentennial box trees… This garden maintained with an organic culture has been classified “Jardin Remarquable” in 2013.
- Charlotte Gressin from the bed and breakfast La Reculée welcomes you in Montigny for a home-cooked meal and a quiet night.
- On Sunday, follow the Loire River until Saint Andelain and meet Sophie Landra-Guyollot who will wait for you for a wine tasting of Pouilly-Fumé. At the top of the hill of the village, the sight on the vineyard is wonderful! Climb the stairs at Belvédère de Saint Andelain to admire the 180° view.
- For the lunch, the restaurant Le Chat at Villechaud near Cosne-Cours-sur-Loire makes an original, tasty and colored cooking. Nathalie and Laurent welcome you in a family and warm atmosphere.
- On the afternoon, go to the North to visit the Faïencerie de Gien Museum. Discover the ancestral know-how of one of the earthenware factories the most considered in the world!
At 2.15 hours from Paris, Tours and Clermont-Ferrand
At 3.00 hours from Dijon and Poitiers
At 3.30 from Lyon
- Call cellars to book your visits and wine tastings!
- The Parc and Château de Pesselières is opened from the 15th April to 29th October 2017. Visits are organized from Wednesday to Sunday from 10 to 12.30 am and 2.00 to 6.00 pm
- Belvédère de Saint Andelain: Access with an automatic machine. Payment with credit card : 1 token 2€, 3 tokens 5€…